Thank You, Loyal Donors!
Bell Chapter Challenge
Support Iota Iota Chapter Through the Thomas Cowan Bell Chapter Challenge
The weekend of March 24-25, 2017, the Iota Iota House Corporation, in collaboration with the Sigma Chi Foundation, announced a $250,000 Bell Chapter Challenge Endowment Campaign to ensure our chapter remains a prominent leader with the University, the State of Alabama, and Sigma Chi Chapters across the country.
The Sigma Chi Foundation’s Thomas Cowan Bell Chapter Challenge is a unique opportunity for alumni brothers to positively impact their home chapters. Through tax-deductible charitable gifts to the Foundation, chapters receive enhanced values-based leadership and scholarship benefits for their undergraduate brothers.
The Bell Chapter Challenge is making a lasting impact on Sigma Chi. Higher overall GPAs, as well as increased activity on campus and in the community, are just some of the ways Sigma Chi Chapters are outperforming those without Bell benefits.
Data from 2009 to 2014* show chapters that have been in the Bell program for three consecutive years on average achieved a higher GPA vs. non-Bell chapters, totaled 36% more brothers on the Dean’s List, belonged to more academic honor societies, were 12% more involved in campus activities, donated an average of $4,000 more per chapter to philanthropy, and performer 700 more hours of community service.
For more information on the Sigma Chi Foundation’s Thomas Cowan Bell Chapter Challenge, contact Associate Director of Development Matt Pagan via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 675-9849
*Information obtained from the Sigma Chi International Fraternity Annual Report
Blue Level – Chapter Benefits
- 3 Additional free undergraduate registration slots at Balfour Leadership Training Workshop (8 total)
- $250 Balfour LTW Travel Stipend
- 1 Designated Horizons Slot
- 2 Designated $1,000 academic scholarships that will recognize lead donor
- Sigma Chi Crossroads drug and alcohol retreat at no cost to Chapter
- 1 Donor plaque for chapter house
- 1 Exclusive Bell Chapter dinner invitation at Balfour LTW
Bell Chapter Program Descriptions
Listed below are descriptions of the programs provided by Sigma Chi and are incorporated into the Thomas Cowan Bell Chapter benefits package:
- Balfour Leadership Training Workshop (BLTW): Provides training on effective operations and leadership of a chapter. The officer teams that attend will be guided by an alumni facilitator through a goal setting and planning process in preparation for the coming academic year; in addition, the participating officers will attend training sessions that are specific to their respective leadership role (consul, pro consul, quaestor, etc.). More than 2,000 undergraduate and alumni Sigma Chis have participated each of the past three years.
- Horizons Huntsman Leadership Summit (week-long, individual leadership training): Now in its 16th year, Huntsman Leadership Summit is a values-based leadership program defined by Sigma Chi core values such as integrity, courage, and wisdom. Feedback in personal leadership strengths and weaknesses via small groups is provided for each individual. Each year, more than 144 participants return to their chapters better leaders, and virtually everyone goes on to a chapter and campus leadership role. Huntsman Leadership Summit makes every good leader better, and helps every young Brother maximize his leadership potential. Bell Chapter applicants are given special consideration in the selection process.
- Scholarships: The cost of tuition is skyrocketing. The Sigma Chi Foundation scholarship program has grown from $50,000 in 2006 to $349,500 for the 2015-16 academic year. Much more is needed, as the undergraduate brothers who indicated financial need has soared. Many of our best and brightest undergraduate brothers need financial assistance. Each Bell Chapter will be designated to receive at least TWO General Scholarships of $1,000 for qualified applicants. The online application process will start in the first quarter of the next calendar year and Bell Chapters are given special notification of the scholarship opportunities as more than one undergraduate from a chapter can receive a Foundation scholarship, so we encourage multiple students to apply.